Everyone would kill for their fifteen minutes of fame…
A Premiership footballer is shot dead in cold blood on a busy London street, and a country is gripped by terror. Who is behind this apparently motiveless killing – and who’s next in the firing line?
Jack Garrett is determined to find out. A small-time journalist who's left behind his Lancashire roots for the glitz and glamour – and seediness and squalor – of the capital, he's convinced this is no celebrity stalker.
Aided and abetted by DC Laura McGanity, desperately trying to juggle police life with motherhood and her feelings for Jack, the trail takes them back to Jack's home town of Turner's Fold – and his past.
What's the connection between the recent murder and the death of a young girl 10 years before?
Conspiracy, revenge and the high price of fame all combine in this stunning debut from a dazzling new voice in crime fiction.Publisher comments :
* The launch of an exceptional new voice in crime fiction.
* A timely and topical thriller which looks at our obsession with celebrity
* Neil White is a Prosecutor for the Crown Prosecution Service in the North
of England and uses his vast knowledge and expertise within books.
* Introducing series characters DC Laura McGanity and freelance reporter
* Perfect for fans of Mark Billingham and Val McDermid, plus viewers of
Wire in the Blood, Messiah and Waking the Dead
* Regional and national publicity and marketing campaign.
Les informations fournies dans la section « A propos du livre » peuvent faire référence à une autre édition de ce titre.