This second volume of The Chlamydomonas Sourcebook provides the background and techniques for using this important organism in plant research. From biogenesis of chloroplasts and mitochondria and photosynthesis to respiration and nitrogen assimilation, this volume introduces scientists to the functions of the organism. The volume then moves on to starch biosynthesis, sulfur metabolism, response to heavy metals, and hydrogen production.
* Describes molecular techniques, analysis of the recently sequenced genome, and reviews of the current status of the diverse fields in which Chlamydomonas is used as a model organism
* Includes contributions from leaders in particular areas of research
* Provides methods for Chlamydomonas research and best practices for applications in research, including methods for culture, preservation of cultures, preparation of media, lists of inhibitors and other additives to culture media
* Assists researchers with common laboratory problems such as contamination
* Includes valuable student demonstrations and properties of particular strains and mutants
* Edited by the leading researcher in Chlamydomonas science
Les informations fournies dans la section « Synopsis » peuvent faire référence à une autre édition de ce titre.
David Stern is the Associate Dean for Public Services at Milner Library, Illinois State University. David has degrees in Biological Sciences; History & Philosophy of Science; and Library Science, and was the founder and principal of Maximize Information. Previously Associate University Librarian for Scholarly Resources at Brown University, and Director of Science Libraries at Yale University, David taught library science graduate courses and serves as a consultant and advisor to a number of professional bodies. David served on the Board of Directors (2000-2003) and as the Chair of the Knowledge Management Division (2007-2008) of the Special Libraries Association (SLA), and as Editor of the journal Science and Technology Libraries from 2005-2007. His research interests include electronic retrieval and transmission of data and the development of end-user search systems for both local and remote hosts. He is currently working on the development of standards and cost models for federated full-text search and retrieval systems. David has many articles, several chapters, two edited special issues of Science and Technology Libraries, and a book, Guide to Information Sources in the Physical Sciences, to his credit. He is a regular speaker at conferences.
Les informations fournies dans la section « A propos du livre » peuvent faire référence à une autre édition de ce titre.
Description du livre Academic Press, 2008. Hardcover. État : New. 2. N° de réf. du libraire DADAX0123708753
Description du livre Academic Pr, 2008. Hardcover. État : Brand New. 2nd edition. 1040 pages. 9.80x7.60x2.10 inches. In Stock. N° de réf. du libraire zk0123708753
Description du livre Academic Press, 2008. Hardcover. État : New. Never used!. N° de réf. du libraire P110123708753