Book by Mazidi Muhammad Ali Mazidi Janice G McKinlay Rolin
Les informations fournies dans la section « Synopsis » peuvent faire référence à une autre édition de ce titre.
What challenges do your students face reading and understanding their history texts?
Complete and consistent pedagogy - The Student Tool Kit found at the beginning of the text, helps students develop overall skills such as reading maps, tables and graphs. Inquiry-based approach begins each topic by asking students a question to consider. Overview tables appear throughout the text to visually summarize important topics in the text. Chronologies, found in every chapter, place significant historical dates and events into a visual context. A running Marginal Glossary and Quick Review features recaps important events and people in context. End of chapter Summaries are now organized by key topic. Review Questions test students' knowledge of what they have read.
Emphasis on geographic literary - completely redrawn, the maps in this edition are easier for students to read and locate key information and ask students to consider the link between history and geography. In addition, Map Explorations throughout the text link with the Companion Website™ and provide interactive versions of the map and critical thinking questions associated with that map.
NEW – Laminated, two-sided study chart - provides helpful advice on how to prepare for essays, exams, study primary sources, and work with maps and visual sources. Also includes a timeline of world history.
Are your students struggling with prioritizing what they need to know?
NEW – Each chapter now opens with a mini “Chapter Highlights" feature that provides an overview of the key topics that follow – introduces and starts students thinking about the information in the chapter.
NEW - Chapter opening quesions - Help students to keep in the foreground important questions they need to consider as they read the chapter. For example, if they are going to succeed on the test over that material, they should be able to answer the question.
How does your current book motivate your students to read and get them excited about history?
Enhanced visual presentation - one-column, visually refreshing format that is inviting to read. Each chapter begins with dramatic visual to visually stimulate students' interest before they begin reading. Image Keys explain what each piece of realia is as students explore its importance to the chapter.
NEW – Visualizing the Past feature – Visually engages students to consider key topics in history through analysis of the visual record, such as paintings, artifacts, drawings and more
History's Voices-Primary source documents including selections from sacred books; poems; philosophy; political manifestos; letters; and travel accounts and questions tied to those documents. An additional 200 documents are found on a free document CD bound into the back of the text. Introduces students to the raw material of history, providing an intimate contact with the people of the past and their concerns.
Encountering the Past- each chapter includes an essay on a significant issue of everyday life or popular culture. These essays explore a variety of subjects, from ancient athletics, to religious festivals, to medieval games – provides relevancy to students.
Is instructor support important to you in a textbook?
• NEW – Prentice Hall Atlas of World History –produced in collaboration with Dorling Kindersley, the leader in cartographic publishing, this new atlas applies the most modern and innovative map-making techniques to present a truly global history. Includes approximately 100 maps, plus head notes and questions.
• Instructor’s Manual with tests - The Instructor's Manual contains chapter summaries, key points and vital concepts, and information on audio-visual resources that can be used in developing and preparing lecture presentations. The Test Item File includes 1500 multiple-choice, identification, map, and essay test questions.
• TestGen - Suitable for both Windows and Macintosh environments, this commercial-quality computerized test-management program allows instructors to select items from the test-item file and design their own exams.
• Instructor Resource Binder includes summaries, learning objectives, topics for lecture discussion, topics for classroom discussion, essay topics, classroom projects, listing visual and audio assets by chapters, and additional documents and biographies.
• OneKey for Instructors - designed to help you minimize class preparation time and maximize teaching time, OneKey is all you need to plan and administer your course. This complete instructor’s package includes Primary Source material including over 200 documents to use in lecture or in class. Video segments and audio files from renowned sources designed to bring concepts to life in a dramatic and compelling manner for students. Full color Digital Image Library featuring dramatic images, maps, tables and graphs for you to show in class Available in both PowerPoint™ Presentation or as jpeg files for complete customization. Complete assessment for tests or quizzes with over 1500 questions to chose from.
• OneKey for Students - all your students need for out-of-class review and research-all conveniently organized by chapter. Review questions linked to an e-book. Students can test themselves multiple times in every chapter. When they answer a question incorrectly, they are immediately taken to the point in the text where the correct answer will be found. Documents tied directly to the text. Students can explore over 200 primary and secondary source documents. Multimedia examples. Students see, hear, and experience-and react to-history in a way a printed text cannot. Opportunity for research and further discovery. Available as part of OneKey, Research Navigator™ offers three complete data bases in one site: academic journals through Content Select; one year archive New York Times article and the best of the Web Link Library along with complete information on how to find, write about and cite their findings.
• Two valuable assets at no additional cost with text - automatically bundled with each new copy of The Western Heritage, Teaching and Learning Classroom Edition are History Notes and the Western Civilization Documents CD-ROM. History Notes provides a system for taking and organizing notes, as well as studying, both in and out of the classroom. Included are map exercises, review/study activities for use in class or for test preparation, learning objectives and room for taking notes during lecture. The Western Civilization Documents CD-ROM features more than 250 primary source documents organized chronologically. Documents from the CD may be printed individually for in-class discussion. This tool saves instructors’ time and students’ money from needing to purchase a separate document set. Encountering the Past?each chapter includes an illustrated essay on some significant issue of popular culture such as chariot racing, dueling, and rock music and political protest.
• The Companion Website offers students multiple choice, true-false, essay, identification, map labeling, and document questions based on material from the text, organized by the primary subtopics in each chapter. Additionally, the Companion Website provides numerous interactive maps tied to the text, source documents, and other interactive modules related to the content in each chapter. The Faculty Module contains materials for instructors, including the entire instructor's manual in PDF file, and downloadable presentations with maps, charts, graphs, summary tables, and illustrations.Biographie de l'auteur :
Muhammad Ali Mazidi went to Tabriz University and holds Master’s degrees from both Southern Methodist University and the University of Texas at Dallas. He is currently a.b.d. on his Ph.D. in the Electrical Engineering Department of Southern Methodist University. He is co-author of a widely used textbook, The 80x86 IBM PC and Compatible Computers, also available from Prentice Hall. He teaches microprocessor-based system design at DeVry University in Dallas, Texas.
Janice Gillispie Mazidi has a Master of Science degree in Computer Science from the University of North Texas. She has several years of experience as a software engineer in Dallas. She has been chief technical writer and production manager, and was responsible for software development and testing of a widely used textbook, The 80x86 IBM PC and Compatible Computers, also available from Prentice Hall.
Rolin McKinlay has a BSEET from DeVry University. He is currently working on his Master’s degree and PE license in the state of Texas. He is currently self-employed as a programmer and circuit board designer, and is a partner in MicroDigitalEd.com.
Les informations fournies dans la section « A propos du livre » peuvent faire référence à une autre édition de ce titre.
Description du livre État : New. Brand new book. This is an international edition textbook with identical content as the US version. We ship all our orders from CA/IL, USA (depending on your address) and NOT from Asia! Choose expedited shipping for superfast delivery with tracking. N° de réf. du libraire 9780131194021
Description du livre Paperback. État : New. This is an International Edition, Brand NEW, Shrink Wrapped, Paperback, Ships from multiple locations across the globe in 4-7 business days; delivered well within delivery estimates with Tracking. Choose Expedited Shipping for 3-4 Business DAY DELIVERY. ISBN and Cover page may differ. International edition does not comes with CD/access code. Book cover may contain restrictions but it is absolutely legal to use, may be printed in black & white having similar contents as US edition. Best Customer Support. Please READ Description Carefully Before Buying. Occasionally, international textbooks may come with different exercises at the end of chapters. N° de réf. du libraire IN_9788131710265
Description du livre U.S.A.: Prentice Hall, 2005. Soft cover. État : New. 2nd Edition. Brand New. International Edition. International Edition, Cover & ISBN may be different from US edition, PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. Brand New,Softcover,No Access code & No context dvd, But Contents are same as US Edition. Printed in English Language. N° de réf. du libraire #9788131710265#
Description du livre Pearson. PAPERBACK. État : New. 013119402X New Book. International Edition with great quality. Fast delivery is guaranteed!!. N° de réf. du libraire INDMRK-9788131710265
Description du livre État : New. This is an International Edition Brand New Paperback Same Title Author and Edition as listed. ISBN and Cover design differs. Similar Contents as U.S Edition. Standard Delivery within 6-14 business days ACROSS THE GLOBE. We can ship to PO Box address in US. International Edition Textbooks may bear a label "Not for sale in the U.S. or Canada" or "For sale in Asia only" or similar restrictions- printed only to discourage students from obtaining an affordable copy. US Court has asserted your right to buy and use International edition. Access code/CD may not provided with these editions. We may ship the books from multiple warehouses across the globe including Asia depending upon the availability of inventory. Printed in English. Customer satisfaction guaranteed. N° de réf. du libraire RU_9788131710265
Description du livre Pearson. État : New. 013119402X This is an International Edition. Brand New, Paperback, Delivery within 6-14 business days, Similar Contents as U.S Edition, ISBN and Cover design may differ, printed in Black & White. Choose Expedited shipping for delivery within 3-8 business days. We do not ship to PO Box, APO , FPO Address. In some instances, subjects such as Management, Accounting, Finance may have different end chapter case studies and exercises. International Edition Textbooks may bear a label "Not for sale in the U.S. or Canada" and "Content may different from U.S. Edition" - printed only to discourage U.S. students from obtaining an affordable copy. The U.S. Supreme Court has asserted your right to purchase international editions, and ruled on this issue. Access code/CD is not provided with these editions , unless specified. We may ship the books from multiple warehouses across the globe, including India depending upon the availability of inventory storage. Customer satisfaction guaranteed. N° de réf. du libraire UA9780131194021
Description du livre Soft cover. État : New. FAST 2 to 3 day Expedited Shipment Option - Brand NEW - International Edition - 2ed - SAME Contents as in US edition - SHRINKwrapped BOXpacked. N° de réf. du libraire F17
Description du livre Softcover. État : New. Brand New; Shrink Wrapped; Paperback; Black & White or Color International Edition. ISBN and Cover page may differ but similar contents as US edition. GET IT FAST in 3-5 business days by DHL/FEDEX with tracking number. Books printed in English. No shipping to PO Box/APO/FPO address. In some instances the international textbooks may have different end chapter case studies and exercises. International Edition Textbooks may bear a label "Not for sale in the U.S. or Canada" and "Content may different from U.S. Edition" - printed only to discourage U.S. students from obtaining an affordable copy. The U.S. Supreme Court has asserted your right to purchase international editions, and ruled on this issue. Access code or CD is not provided with these editions, unless specified. We may ship the books from multiple warehouses across the globe, including India depending upon the availability of inventory storage. Customer satisfaction guaranteed. N° de réf. du libraire GFI127783
Description du livre Softcover. État : Brand New. .. Black & White or color International Edition. ISBN and front cover may be different, but contents are same as the US edition. Book printed in English. GET IT FAST within 3-5 business days by DHL/FedEx/Aramex and tracking number will be uploaded into your order page within 24-48 hours. Territorial restrictions may be printed on the book. No shipping to PO BOX, APO, FPO addresses. Kindly provide day time phone number in order to ensure smooth delivery. 100% Customer satisfaction guaranteed!. . N° de réf. du libraire BD000014
Description du livre État : New. New. Soft Cover International edition. Different ISBN and Cover image but contents are same as US edition.Perfect condition. Ship by express service to USA, Canada, Australia, France, Italy, UK, Germany and Netherland. Customer satisfaction our priority. N° de réf. du libraire ABE-190516-123281