Foundation Maths has been written for students taking higher and further education courses who have not specialised in mathematics on post-16 qualifications and need to use mathematical tools in their courses. It is ideally suited to those studying marketing, business studies, management, science, engineering, social science, geography, combined studies and design. It will be useful for those who lack confidence and who need careful, steady guidance in mathematical methods. For those whose mathematical expertise is already established, the book will be a helpful revision and reference guide. The style of the book also makes it suitable for self-study and distance learning.
Features of the book
· Mathematical processes are described in everyday language – mathematical ideas are usually developed by example rather than formal proof, thereby encouraging students’ learning.
· Key points highlight important results that need to be referred to easily or remembered.
· Worked examples are included throughout the book to reinforce learning.
· Self-assessment questions are provided at the end of most sections to test understanding of important parts of the section. Answers are given at the back of the book.
· Exercises provide a key opportunity to develop competence and understanding through practice. Answers are given at the back of the book.
· Test and assignment exercises (with answers provided in a separate Lecturers’ Solutions Manual on the website) allow lecturers and tutors to set regular assignments or tests throughout the course.
· Companion website containing a student support pack, video tutorials, and PowerPoint slides and a Solutions Manual for lecturers, and can be found at www.pearsoned.co.uk/croft
New to this fifth edition
· Fully integrated with MyMathLab, a powerful online homework, tutorial and self-study system.
· Video tutorials on the companion website for selected exercises and examples.
· New chapter on vectors.
· Completely revised chapter on measurement.
· New sections on partial fractions and techniques of differentiation and integration.
Anthony Croft has taught mathematics in further and higher education institutions for over thirty years. He is currently Professor of Mathematics Education and Director of sigma - the Centre for Excellence in Teaching and Learning based in the Mathematics Education Centre at Loughborough University. He teaches mathematics and engineering undergraduates, and has championed mathematics support for students who find the transition from school to university difficult. He has authored many very successful mathematics textbooks, including several for engineering students. In 2008 he was awarded a National Teaching Fellowship in recognition of his work in these fields.
Robert Davison has thirty years experience teaching mathematics in both further and higher education. He is currently Head of Quality in the Faculty of Technology at De Montfort University, where he also teaches mathematics. He has authored many very successful mathematics textbooks, including several for engineering students
Présentation de l'éditeur :
This package includes a physical copy of Foundation Maths, 5e by Anthony as well as access to the eText and MyMathLab. Your instructor will need to provide you with a course ID in order for you to access the eText and MyMathLab.
Foundation Maths has been written for students taking higher or further education courses, who have not specialised in mathematics on post-16 qualifications and need to use mathematical tools in their courses. It is ideally suited for those studying marketing, business studies, management, science, engineering, computer science, social science, geography, combined studies and design. It will be useful for those who lack confidence and need careful, steady guidance in mathematical methods. Even for those whose mathematical expertise is already established, the book will be a helpful revision and reference guide. The style of the book also makes it suitable for self-study or distance learning.
MyMathLab is being used in universities all over the world to improve student performance. MyMathLab has immersive content and engaging tools, along with time-saving automatic grading. “MyMathLab is everything that I need to get good results from my students. … It saves me a lot of time so I have more time to do what I really should do and that’s teach and help my students.” – Dr Morten Brekke, Agder University, Norway.
With MyMathLab, students gain knowledge that they will use throughout their lives, and universities gain a partner deeply committed to helping students and educators achieve their goals.
Register now to benefit from these resources.
A student access code card is included with your textbook at a reduced cost. To register with your code, visit www.mymathlab.co.uk.
For educator access, contact your Pearson account manager. To find out who your account manager is, visit www.pearsoned.co.uk/replocator
For more instructor resources available with this title, visit www.pearsoned.co.uk
Les informations fournies dans la section « A propos du livre » peuvent faire référence à une autre édition de ce titre.
Description du livre Prentice-Hall, 2010. État : New. Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service!. N° de réf. du libraire ABE_book_new_0273730762
Description du livre Prentice-Hall, 2010. Paperback. État : New. book. N° de réf. du libraire 0273730762
Description du livre Prentice-Hall, 2010. Paperback. État : New. N° de réf. du libraire P110273730762