Dentistry for the Child and Adolescent, 8e
One of the most successful textbooks in pediatric dentistry, this expert resource provides superior, comprehensive coverage of oral care for infants, children, teenagers, and medically compromised individuals. Thoroughly revised material offers the most up-to-date diagnostic and treatment recommendations based on current research, literature, and clinical experience. Now in its 8th edition, this classic text continues to offer in-depth coverage of all areas relevant to the contemporary science and practice of pediatric dentistry.
- Discussions of theories related to molecular biology of the eruption of teeth explain problems related to dental eruption and insight into future methods for their resolution.
- Incorporates the American Cleft Palate - Craniofacial Association guidelines for the most recent advances in treatment of cleft lip and palate.
- Follows academy-approved guidelines for the use of anesthetics in the treatment of the child patient as well as outpatient vs. in-patient procedures.
- Provides an overview of practice management including patient scheduling, insurance, and third party plans.
- Includes dentists' guide for documenting and reporting child abuse and neglect.
- Provides valuable information on cavity varnish, mercury toxicity, and glass ionomer cements.
- Provides indications for the use of implants to replace teeth (congenitally missing or lost as a result of trauma) in pediatric patients.
- An updated chapter on nutrition and health shows how food choices and patterns of eating initiated in childhood affect oral health and overall well-being at every stage of life.
- An increased emphasis on the genetic influence of root resorption associated with orthodontic treatment explores this hot topic.
- Coverage of new restorative materials examines their use in everyday clinical restorative practice.
- New coverage of tooth whitening for children and its indications responds to the growing popularity of cosmetic tooth whitening for people of all ages.
- An updated radiography chapter provides thorough information on digital radiography in children's dentistry.
- Increased emphasis on Early Childhood Caries and the Alternative Restorative Technique (ART) - a technique used to restore defective or carious teeth with minimal cavity preparation followed by placement of a fluoride-releasing material - reflects the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry's position on ART.
- The chapter on anxiety control and pain/analgesics includes specific dosage recommendations for managing anxious or fearful patients.
- The updated pharmacologic management chapter includes the latest information on sedation techniques in children.
- The updated trauma chapter includes new splinting recommendations for root fractures and the new Titanium Trauma Splint, cross-referenced to the International Association of Dental Traumatology Diagnostic and Treatment Guidelines, and categories for treatment of avulsed teeth.
- A new section on the dental management of patients with sickle cell anemia offers the most current information for treating children with disabilities as well as medically compromised patients.
- Revised illustrations help readers see techniques in a modern dental office setting.
Les informations fournies dans la section « Synopsis » peuvent faire référence à une autre édition de ce titre.
Offers the latest diagnostic and treatment recommendations
About the Author
Ralph E McDonald, DDS, MS, LLD; David R Avery, DDS, MSD; and Jeffrey A. Dean
Les informations fournies dans la section « A propos du livre » peuvent faire référence à une autre édition de ce titre.