Introducing a revolutionary new approach to detail design in landscape architecture
In this groundbreaking book, Niall Kirkwood of the Harvard Graduate School of Design takes a fresh,holistic approach to the theories, approaches, and practices of landscape detail. With the support of a wealth of graphic and written material taken from historic and contemporary landscape designwork, he clearly demonstrates the role that landscape detail plays in the design process. Going beyond theoretical considerations, Professor Kirkwood outlines landscape detail as a primary design activity, both pragmatic and poetic, using a range of built landscape design examples.
A valuable resource for professionals and students in landscape architecture, architecture, urban design, and environmental design, The Art of Landscape Detail:
* Provides a practical introduction to the aesthetic concerns, form, language, and expression of landscape detail
* Explores a wide range of detail issues-including materials, climate, durability, implementation, and failure-and their influence on the overall detail design process
* Examines detail design processes and research approaches that designers can apply in the analysis and development of their own work
* Contains in-depth case studies of eight award-winning landscape architecture design projects, including provocative discussions with the designers on the establishment and evolution of their detail design philosophy
* Features more than 150 images illustrating forms and site detail from national and international built landscapes
Les informations fournies dans la section « Synopsis » peuvent faire référence à une autre édition de ce titre.
NIALL KIRKWOOD, ASLA, is an associate professor of landscape architecture at the Harvard Graduate School of Design, and formerly a senior associate with Hanna/Olin Ltd., Landscape Architects, Philadelphia.Review :
The lexicon of landscape architecture design has a wonderful new addition in "The Art of Landscape Detail". Niall Kirkwood makes an intelligent, scholarly, and passionate argument for detail design as a critical act that can heal the historic rift between the "mechanical" arts and the "fine" arts. ... This is a book that should find its way onto the bookshelves of students, faculty, and young professionals. The well-seasoned practitioner also will find it of value. With this book, the critical literature of the field has taken another solid step forward. -- Ladnscape Architecture, Reviewed by Deborah W. Dalton, February 2000
Les informations fournies dans la section « A propos du livre » peuvent faire référence à une autre édition de ce titre.
Description du livre Wiley, 1999. Hardcover. État : New. N° de réf. du libraire P110471140449
Description du livre Wiley. Hardcover. État : New. 0471140449 New Condition. N° de réf. du libraire NEW6.0245678
Description du livre Wiley, 1999. Hardcover. État : New. 1. N° de réf. du libraire DADAX0471140449
Description du livre John Wiley & Sons. État : New. N° de réf. du libraire 7480450