Merlin is almost young, and immortal, one of those born to walk the paths of the world, a man with charm carved into his bones, and enchantment running through his body thicker than blood ...And this is a time of heroes, centuries before King Arthur is born, men and women who, though not gods themselves, are something more than mere mortals. For decades, Jason has been immured in his ship Argo in a lake in the far north, alive, but not, still traumatised by the murder of his sons by his enchantress wife Medea ...until Merlin sees through the veil of enchantment and realises the boys were never killed; it was all a trick. Through the mists-shrouded isle of Alba to Greek Land, Merlin leads Jason and his Argonauts, some old, some new, on a quest to find the boys, journey filled with heroism and heartbreak, truth and treachery.
Les informations fournies dans la section « Synopsis » peuvent faire référence à une autre édition de ce titre.
* '[CELTIKA is] a substantial treat...intelligent, impeccably researched fantasy' TIME OUT
* 'One of the finest fantasy writers in the country. Holdstock has done what few writers are capable of, he has taken a legend and made it his own' ENIGMA
* 'Holdstock has a beautifully subtle imagination that conjures up worlds and events with enviable ease...a writer of both heart and fire' PETER F HAMILTON
* 'Our finest living mythmaker. His narratives - intense, exuberant, earthy, passionate, dense with metaphor - are new trails through the ancient forest of our imaginations. An essential writer'
* 'Rob Holdstock's is one of the voices at the very heart of modern fantasy' GUY GAVRIEL KAY
In the centuries before he will become involved with Arthur, Merlin is immortal, almost young. He adventures across the world, and across unknown worlds.
He becomes the friend of Jason, a Greek prince who seeks the Golden Fleece, and is involved with his enchantress wife, Medea. Through Greece, Finland, and other lands - and for the first time to England - the skein of Merlin's tale leads to heroism, treachery and magic.
Les informations fournies dans la section « A propos du livre » peuvent faire référence à une autre édition de ce titre.
Description du livre Gollancz, 2007. Paperback. État : New. book. N° de réf. du libraire 0575079738
Description du livre Gollancz, 2007. Paperback. État : New. N° de réf. du libraire P110575079738