This comprehensive update of a classic text presents the latest research on the dental pulp and its interaction with other tissues, highlighting its central role in both local and systemic health.
The second edition has been completely revised to incorporate new chapters featuring the most topical issues in research and clinical practice, including developments in stem cell research and pulpodentin regeneration, the effects of the aging process on the pulp, and the interdependent relationship of the pulp and restorative dental procedures.
New contributors bring fresh perspective to topics such as pulpal infections, odontalgia, and the relationship between the pulp and periodontal disease. Each chapter provides an introduction to its major themes for the busy clinician or dental student as well as up-to-date, biologically based clinical recommendations for restorative and endodontic procedures. Practicing clinicians will find this information to be essential to providing accurate diagnoses and effective treatment.
- Development of Dentin and the Pulp
- Formation and Repair of Dentin
- Pulpodentin Complex
- Pulp As a Connective Tissue
- Stem Cells and Regeneration
- Nerve Supply
- Pain Mechanisms
- Pharmacologic Control of Dental Pain
- Pulpal Infections
- Molecular Mediators of Pulpal Pain
- The Pulp and Apical Periodontitis
- Repair of Pulpal Injury by Dental Materials
- Caries, Restorative Dentistry, and the Pulp
- Thermal and Mechanical Irritants
- Pulpal and Periodontal Diseases
- Root Resorption
- Aging and the Pulp
- Differential Diagnosis of Toothache
- Pulp and Systemic Disease
Les informations fournies dans la section « A propos du livre » peuvent faire référence à une autre édition de ce titre.
Description du livre Quintessence Pub Co, 2012. Hardcover. État : Brand New. 2nd edition. 501 pages. 11.50x8.75x1.50 inches. In Stock. N° de réf. du libraire zk0867154802
Description du livre Quintessence Pub Co, 2012. Hardcover. État : New. 2. N° de réf. du libraire DADAX0867154802
Description du livre Quintessence Pub Co, 2012. Hardcover. État : New. book. N° de réf. du libraire 0867154802