This is an excellent and highly engaging text. It is clearly written and makes good use of real life examples, research findings, case studies and opportunities for web-based learning. I would certainly recommend this textbook to students and HRM professionals alike.’
Rory Donnelly, Manchester Business School
‘This is a compulsory, benchmark text for all students embarking on a course in HRM. The focus on skills is excellent and provides students with rich insights into the application of HRM in real organisational contexts. It is one of the best, contemporary HRM textbooks available.’
Edel Conway, Dublin City University Business School
Keeping you at the cutting edge of the field, this market-leading text provides:
· A contemporary and strategic analysis of all the key areas of HRM practice
· Over 150 engaging ‘Window on Practice’ illustrations of HRM in action in organisations such as Barclays, PricewaterhouseCoopers and Jamie Oliver’s Fifteen
· ‘Focus on Skills’ sections develop specific work-based people management skills, such as interviewing for selection and appraisal
And new to this edition:
· The latest debates in the field: human capital measurement, the changing HR function, and the future of work
· The most recent developments in practice: HR information systems, continuous professional development, and coaching skills
· International examples explore issues that cross national and cultural boundaries
Written from a practical perspective in a clear and engaging style, this book is highly valued as an introduction to HRM for undergraduate, postgraduate and professional programmes, including the CIPD diploma.
Derek Torrington is Emeritus Professor of Management, University of Manchester. Laura Hall and Stephen Taylor are both Senior Lecturers in HRM at Manchester Metropolitan University, as well as National Examiners for the CIPD.
Revue de presse :
The real life examples, quotes and case studies, together with the reference to the web-site links, will undoubtedly help to enhance the suitability of this text to a range of courses. I will certainly recommend this text to my students.
Kirsten Krauth, Coventry Business School, UK
I have used this text over many years, both in the UK on undergraduate and postgraduate programmes and overseas on MBA programmes, and have come to rely on its comprehensive mix of academic and practical insights into the world of HR. It is easy to follow, engaging in style, and keeps the reader???s interest up.
John Martin, Fellow of Hull University, UK
The structure of the book invites the student to elaborate self-steering learning and ??? learn to learn??? .
Jos Weel, University of Professional Education Hogeschool van Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Les informations fournies dans la section « A propos du livre » peuvent faire référence à une autre édition de ce titre.