Mother Nature wasn't messing around when she created the Grand Canyon, slicing through Arizona with 277 miels of red rock spires, stomach-churning drops and wide open spaces. Whether you're an avid hiker, geology nut or sunset seeker, maximize your trip with this top-selling guide to the USA's most iconic national park.Detailed Itineraries - explore the South and North Rims with 17 great itineraries, plus Las Vegas, Route 66, Sedona, Flagstaff and Skywalk!Best Hiking Routes - more than 40 hikes for all levels, including rim-to-rim, waterfalls and remote overlooks, plus loads of topographic mapsFamily Friendly Options - 'star parties,' mule trips, ranger programs and dozens of firsthand tips in our speciak Kids & Pets chapterAdventure Ideas - covers rafting on the Colorado River, hiking, biking, horseback riding, skiing, swimming, fishing, helicopter rides, volunteering and mure moreWith 700 hours of in-park research and 130 miles of trails hiked, our authors offer sound advice for visitors
Les informations fournies dans la section « Synopsis » peuvent faire référence à une autre édition de ce titre.
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travelers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
* We offer travelers the world's richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
* We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
*We update our guidebooks by visiting thousands of places in person to get the details right and tell it as it is.
* We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
* We challenge our growing community of travelers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
* We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travelers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
...it would be hard to better this series of Lonely Planet National Park guides.' -- Suite101.com, March 2008
Les informations fournies dans la section « A propos du livre » peuvent faire référence à une autre édition de ce titre.
Description du livre Lonely Planet, 2008. Paperback. État : New. Never used!. N° de réf. du libraire P111741044839
Description du livre Lonely Planet. PAPERBACK. État : New. 1741044839 New Condition. N° de réf. du libraire NEW7.1678933