South America is epic - and so is the Footprint Handbook, now in its 90th edition. Home to the world's highest waterfall, the longest mountain range and the largest rainforest, this continent will baffle you with its enormity. While cities like Rio de Janeiro swing to the sounds of samba, locals jostle around market stalls in Cuzco and indigenous farmers offer prayers to Pachamama - Mother Earth. Footprint's 90th edition of the South American Handbook is the ideal guidebook for adventure-hungry travellers. From Inca ruins and tropical jungles to the vast open plains of Patagonia - Footprint's revised and updated guide to South America provides the most comprehensive coverage, enabling you to escape the crowd and discover the continent for yourself.
* Highlights section so you know what not to miss
* Practical information on how to get to each country and around, plus suggested itineraries to help you plan your trip, whether you are travelling for a week or a month
* Well researched cultural and historical background resources available online
* Tips for travelling with your kids
* The core of the guide provides comprehensive coverage of: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela, the Guianas, and the Falkland Islands.
* Each country and region has an overview map which includes 'Don't miss' destinations, local information on how to get around and detailed street maps where relevant
* Detailed listings on where to sleep, eat and play are provided for every destination within each country, enabling you to have an even better travel experience.
Now in its 90th edition, Footprint's legendary South America Handbook covers the continent in amazing detail, enabling you to explore for yourself.Revue de presse :
'The South American Handbook shows why the printed travel guide will never die. It is so much more than a guidebook full of listings - it is an organic repository of nearly a century of courageous and serendipitous exploration.' --Simon Calder, Senior Travel Editor, The Independent
'Packed with intelligent, practical info and written with passion and love: if there's one catch-all guide for South America, the South American Handbook is it. It went with me on my first trip to the continent, over two decades ago and it s been on most visits since, serving me with tips, maps and cultural background from Guyana to the Peruvian Amazon, the Colombian Andes to Rio and beyond.' --Sarah Barrell, Associate Editor, National Geographic Traveller (UK)
'Happy 90th birthday to the one indispensable guide for anyone interested in South America.' --Michael Palin
Les informations fournies dans la section « A propos du livre » peuvent faire référence à une autre édition de ce titre.
Description du livre Footprint Handbooks, 2013. Hardcover. État : New. New In-Stock Ships Same Day May Have Small Sticker on Book. N° de réf. du libraire mon0000232459
Description du livre Footprint Handbooks, 2013. Hardcover. État : Brand New. 90 edition. 1584 pages. 7.25x4.75x1.50 inches. In Stock. N° de réf. du libraire zk1907263772
Description du livre Footprint Handbooks, 2013. État : New. Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service! Summary: From Inca ruins and swinging cities to tropical jungles and the open plains of Patagonia, Footprint's legendary South America Handbook will enable you to escape the 'Gringo trail' and discover this vast continent for yourself. N° de réf. du libraire ABE_book_new_1907263772
Description du livre État : New. Gift Quality Book in Excellent Condition. N° de réf. du libraire 36S9FP0002BR
Description du livre Footprint Handbooks, 2013. Hardcover. État : New. book. N° de réf. du libraire 1907263772
Description du livre État : Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. N° de réf. du libraire 97819072637741.0
Description du livre Footprint Handbooks, 2013. Hardcover. État : New. N° de réf. du libraire P111907263772