A propos de cet article
Quantité : 1
Titre : The Subtle Art of Strategy: Organizational ...
Éditeur : ABC-CLIO, United States
Date d'édition : 2003
Reliure : Hardback
Etat du livre : New
Edition : New..
A propos de ce titre
Strategy―and the planning that created it―has too often failed to deliver its promised results. The reasons for this failure are many and varied, but include an over-reliance on the next big thing in strategic methodology, a failure to recognize and deal with the total change that strategy requires in an organization, and an inability to deal with uncertainty. Wilson argues that strategy is a subtle and demanding art, far more than it is a science or a methodology.
· To succeed in dealing with complex, interacting forces inside and outside the organization, strategy must:
· Deal with the totality of the organization in the context of its total environment (not just one function or one facet of the organization)
· Learn to harness the power of opposites (the sometimes conflicting objectives of the organization, e.g., the long term and short term; vision and execution; economic constraints and social responsibility)
· Deal constructively with pervasive uncertainty in its future
· Develop a strategic vision
· Create a culture that fosters a strategic mindset throughout the organization.
Without constant change and adaptation, a strategy will fail. Continuing success depends, therefore, upon constant learning from customers, competitors, changes in our environment, and our own mistakes.Book Description:
Wilson investigates the all-too-frequent failures of strategic planning, explains the reasons for such disappointments, and reformulates strategic planning as a long-term, holistic art form.
Les informations fournies dans la section « A propos du livre » peuvent faire référence à une autre édition de ce titre.
Description de la librairie
All books are shipped in New condition promptly, we are happy to accept returns up to 30 days from purchase. Orders usually ship within 1-2 business days. Domestic Shipments are sent by Royal Mail, and International by Priority Airmail. We are happy to accept returns up to 30 days from purchase. Please contact the seller directly if you wish to return an order. Name of business : The Book Depository Ltd Form of legal entity : A Limited Company Business address: The Book Depository, 60 Holborn Vi...Pour plus d'information
Orders usually ship within 1-2 business days. Domestic Shipments are sent by Royal Mail, and International by Priority Airmail. We are happy to accept returns up to 30 days from purchase. Please contact the seller directly if you wish to return an order.
Modes de paiement
acceptés par le vendeur