Exploring Corporate Strategy: Text and cases
Book by Johnson Gerry Scholes Kevan
Les informations fournies dans la section « Synopsis » peuvent faire référence à une autre édition de ce titre.
Quatrième de couverture
Exploring Corporate Strategyis Europe s leading strategy textbook with sales of over 500,000 copies worldwide. This new edition builds on the established strengths of previous editions, whilst substantially updating and re-orientating material to meet the needs of contemporary students and lecturers. Classic features
- Combines analytic and process views of strategy.
- Heavily informed by research in the field.
- Links theory and practice through over 80 one-page illustrations, 11 chapter end case examples and over 30 case studies.
- Many globally known organisations (e.g. AOL/Time Warner, Honda, Virgin, Madonna, British Airways, BBC, News Corporation, Xerox, BMW, KPMG, Amazon, Glaxo/Smithcline Beecham, Marks and Spencer, Formula One, W.H.Smith).
- Cases and examples from many different sectors and geographical locations including UK, US, Scandinavia, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Holland, Croatia.
- Impressive additional support for tutors and students including: teacher s manual (course design, work assignment de-briefs, case study teaching notes), CD of text exhibits, companion website (including updates, links and multiple choice questions), videos and the Exploring Strategic Management series of books on: techniques, strategic change, finance and public sector strategy.
Présentation de l'éditeur
- Throughout the text, strategy is seen through three complementary 'lenses': 'design' (an analytical approach); 'experience' (builds on cultural, institutional and cognitive schools of thought); 'ideas' (builds on evolutionary and complexity theories).
- Critical commentaries
- at the end of each part of the book encourage students to engage critically with the material, exploring links between chapter topics and developing a more holistic view of strategic issues as viewed through these three lenses.
- Strategies for a fast changing world including hypercompetitive and game theoretic strategies.
- An increased emphasis on knowledge as a basis of competitive advantage.
- A new framework for corporate level strategies.
- A new more integrated approach to issues of structuring: structures, processes, boundaries and relationships.
- A complete chapter on the links between overall strategy and strategies for separate resource areas, people, information, finance and technology.
- Many examples of new economy issues: IT, de-regulation, globalisation and flexible structuring.
Text and Cases edition.
Strategic Management at all levels both in UK and Europe. Europe's most successful strategy textbook with combined total sales of more than 500,000 covers all the underlying concepts, analytical methods and processes of development, selection, formulation and implementation of strategy. Thoroughly revised, this 6th edition promises to be the best yet. For the first time ever the authors introduce the concept of viewing strategy through three separate lenses: 1) the tradition design view of strategy, 2) the notion that strategy can arise from experience and culture; and 3) the notion that strategy can be a product of emergent ideas.
Les informations fournies dans la section « A propos du livre » peuvent faire référence à une autre édition de ce titre.